Our Transitional Support Program is classified as a Corporate Foster Care with a Rule 245D license through the Minnesota Department of Human Services.
This program offers short-term, temporary housing in a community, apartment building setting in Burnsville, Minnesota to individuals with a mental health diagnosis needing supportive mental health services. Transitional Supports provides a bridge from individuals’ current residence to their next residence.
Referrals most often come from Dakota County. Call Central Access at 651-774-0011, Monday through Friday from 7:00 a.m. – 5:30 p.m. for openings and eligibility information.
- 18 years of age or older
- Mental health diagnosis
- Most of our clients are disability waiver-eligible: Community Access for Disability Inclusion (CADI) Waiver, Brain Injury (BI) Waiver, or the Developmental Disabilities (DD) Waiver
- We have a daily room and board fee that may be paid for by Group Residential Housing grants if the individual qualifies
Our Transitional Support Program provides independent living and supportive mental health services support in a community setting. Staffed hours are 8:00 a.m. – 10:00 p.m., seven days per week, with phone support available for emergencies.
- Mental health symptom and medication management
- Develop personalized long-term plan for recovery and access to supportive services
- Living skills/foundational wellness development including:
- Appointment scheduling, budgeting, and shopping, cooking and nutrition, employment skills, household management, using transportation, socialization and recreational skill development
- Community living must be a reasonable expectation for individuals in these programs
- Each apartment offers two private bedrooms
- Shared bathrooms
- Shared living space with cable TV
- Shared kitchen
- Shared outdoor space
- Laundry rooms on each floor