School Linked Mental Health Services
5555 Boone Avenue N.
New Hope, MN 55428
Phone: 651-774-0011Send a message
Our School-Linked Mental Health Services began in 1998 to bring community mental health directly to students and their families.
The program has grown over the years to include:
- 25 schools in four districts: Robbinsdale, Osseo, Anoka-Hennepin, and Intermediate District 287
- It’s one of the few in the Twin Cities metro to embed therapists at least half time at each school, with the vast majority being full-time, enabling us to increase our caseloads and help more individuals.
This program provides an efficient solution for districts overwhelmed with the demand for social and behavioral health services. Because it allows for therapy onsite, it’s also more accessible for busy families, reducing variables that may prevent individuals from receiving care.
Our therapists, social workers, and mental health professionals operate their own outpatient mental health clinic in the school within a private, safe space where they provide:
- Mental health screenings and assessments
- Individual, group and family therapy
- Care coordination and referrals
- Crisis intervention
- Telemedicine and/or in-person services during COVID-19
Common issues addressed:
- Poor social skills
Ongoing communication and support for students and families:
Besides providing on-site therapy, our therapists use various tools to help students and families manage their mental health.
- February 2021 Newsletter
- December 2020/January 2021 Newsletter
- November 2020 Newsletter
- October 2020 Newsletter
- September 2020 Newsletter
Many of our therapists also use digital learning tools, like Google Classroom and Google Sites, to create a virtual space for students and families to learn about school-linked services and how they can provide support.
Parents, guardians, principals, teachers, school social workers or other school staff who are within the Robbinsdale, Osseo, Anoka-Hennepin, and Intermediate District 287 communities can make a referral. Services are provided in a confidential manner with engaged family involvement. We accept most insurance plans and offer a sliding fee for individuals who do not have insurance.
Complete this referral form or contact People Incorporated’s Central Access number at 651-774-0011 to make a referral.