Huss St. Paul
1593 Hewitt Avenue
St. Paul, MN 55104
2120 Park Avenue
Minneapolis, MN 55404
Adult Intensive Outpatient Services
Huss Center for Recovery - IOP
2120 Park Avenue
Minneapolis, MN 55404
700 8th Street East
St. Paul, MN 55106
Kindred Adolescent Recovery Services
1930 Coon Rapids Blvd NW
Coon Rapids, MN 55433
Phone: 763- 427-7964
Send a message
To protect the health and safety of our clients and staff amid COVID-19, we have temporarily closed The Restoring Place (700 8th Street East St. Paul, MN 55106) and all intensive outpatient substance use disorder services. These changes are due to the social distancing requirements needed to slow the spread of COVID-19,
We provide innovative treatment programming for gender-identifying men, women and adolescents with co-occurring substance use and mental illness. Many individuals served by the program may also be experiencing problems such as homelessness, poverty, violence, legal issues, and unemployment.
What makes us different?
- We provide integrated substance use and mental health services in a single treatment setting.
- Our team works collaboratively to assess a client’s treatment readiness and match the treatment to his or her attitude towards change.
- We assist each client in developing awareness and motivation for recovery, in moving along the stages of recovery, and in making his or her own decision to engage in the change process.
- We tailor each treatment plan to each client’s particular needs–each client receives the right type of treatment at the appropriate intensity.
- We use stage-wise treatment intervention and harm-reduction strategies, reducing the risk of substance use and its psychological, physical, social, and economic consequences.
- We work collaboratively with individuals, families, and care providers to create a comprehensive, targeted treatment plan focused on the client’s specific needs and circumstances.
Mental Illness/Substance Use Disorder (MI/SUD) Programs
- Huss Minneapolis (ages 18+) – A 26-bed residential program that provides integrated mental health and substance use services to adults that identify as male in a gender-responsive and trauma-informed setting. The facility provides on-site medical and nursing care.
- Huss St. Paul and the Restoring Place (ages 18+) – Ten-bed residential programs that provide integrated mental health and substance use services to all genders in a trauma-informed setting. The facility provides on-site medical services and clients have access to psychiatry and other prescribers experienced with treating co-occurring disorders.
- Intensive Outpatient (ages 18+) – This program provides gender-specific integrated mental health and substance use treatment services in a trauma-informed setting. With up to 22 hours of programming per week, the program offers flexible, customized care with low, medium or high-intensity structure. Clients receiving Methadone and Suboxone are welcome, and the program is equipped to treat Serious and Persistent Mental Illness as well as a spectrum of other mental health challenges. The program can last anywhere from 12-52 weeks, depending on the individual client.
- Kindred Adolescent Recovery Services – This program is licensed by the State of Minnesota as a Rule 31 intensive outpatient treatment program. The program provides integrated treatment for adolescents aged 13-17 who have been diagnosed with both a substance use disorder and a mental health disorder. Family programming is also provided and family members are encouraged to participate in the treatment process.
Our person-centered treatment services provide an integrated, interdisciplinary approach that links psychological, biological, and social factors to assist people in the process of recovery.
- Rule 25 Chemical Assessments – Rule 25 Chemical Assessments – Rule 25 is by appointment only Monday through Wednesday and by walk-in Friday’s from 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. first-come, first-serve. Call Huss Intensive Outpatient Intake program at 612-872-2050 to schedule an appointment or inquire about walk-ins.
- Assessment and individual treatment planning – We assess and reassess each client’s needs throughout the treatment process and create an individualized treatment program based upon his or her needs, strengths, and resources.
- Health services – Our nursing services encompass both psychiatric and physical care and are provided for 16 hours each day.
- Psychiatric care – Psychiatric care is made available to all clients via direct care through Stark Mental Health Clinic, or via telepsychiatry or weekly site visits.
- Psychiatric emergencies and crisis management – Our staff are trained to handle psychiatric and substance use emergencies.
- Family education and support – Our services include education on co-occurring disorders and support for family members and other significant/concerned persons.
- Counseling – Each client receives regular one-to-one counseling, and will see a licensed primary counselor weekly through his or her stay; individual mental health support from a Mental Health Professional, is also provided as needed.
- Group counseling – Our primary therapy method is through group counseling sessions, which are held three times per day to promote sharing, acceptance, and concern for others.
- Recreation – We provide recreational activities each day to give clients the opportunity to participate in and plan leisure activities that do not involve the use of mood-altering substances.
- Living skills development – Our counselors use a structured living-skills development program to help clients learn or re-learn basic skills for independent living.
- Healthy peer relationships – We help clients develop healthy peer relationships to support their recovery from substance use and mental illness.
Payment and reimbursement
- Authorized program services are billed to the appropriate insurance company or county funding. We also accept private-pay clients.
Admissions and referrals
- Clients may be referred to our program directly by the client’s insurance provider. Applicants with health coverage through a managed care organization must complete a chemical health assessment through their provider and obtain authorization prior to admission. We are currently able to provide services to Medica, HealtPartners, UCare, Hennepin Health, Metropolitan Health Plan (MHP), and Blue Cross participants.
- Our staff includes licensed drug and alcohol counselors, mental health professionals, a psychiatrist, a registered nurse, a licensed practical nurse, mental health practitioners and mental health rehab workers.