1593 Hewitt Ave.
1597 Hewitt Ave.
St. Paul, MN 55107
Eighth Street Residence (opening in December 2020)
700 8th Street East
St. Paul, MN 55106
1100 Hancock Street
St. Paul, MN 55106
1622 Hillside Avenue North
Minneapolis, MN 55411
2708 119th Ave NW
Coon Rapids, MN 55433
Send a message
People Incorporated is a licensed, Rule 36 Intensive Residential Treatment Services (IRTS) provider regulated through the Minnesota Department of Human Services (DHS). This program integrates mental health, medical, and substance use care in an inpatient, 24-hour, supervised setting for up to 90 days. A step below hospitalization in our community-based system of care, these services help adults who need a high level of treatment and assistance. This program is designed for individuals 18 years of age or older who have a primary diagnosis of mental illness and meet IRTS admission eligibility as designated by DHS.
- Crisis assistance
- Individual mental health/substance use assessment, treatment planning
- Individual/group therapy and family education
- Medication management
- Nursing services
- Transition and discharge planning
- Living skills/foundational wellness development including:
- Healthy exercise (yoga, meditation, mindfulness), household management, cooking and nutrition, budgeting and shopping, using transportation, and employment-related skills
Who we serve
IRTS admission criteria includes but isn’t limited to: having significant impairment in three areas of functioning based on a completed functional assessment, needing 24-hour supervised, monitored care to improve functioning, and one or more of the following: history of two or more inpatient hospitalizations in one year, significant independent living instability, homelessness, and frequent use of outpatient mental health services with poor outcomes. Services are billed to Medical Assistance or a private health insurance plan. If your coverage does not include intensive residential treatment services, the cost of treatment may be covered by your county of residence.
- Anchor House – for individuals identifying as female – Minneapolis
- Eighth Street Residence – for individuals identifying as male – opening in January 2021 – St. Paul
- Maghakian Place – for individuals across the gender spectrum – St. Paul
- Northside Residence – for individuals identifying as male; emphasizes treatment of opioid use disorder – Minneapolis
- Riverwind Residence – for individuals across the gender spectrum – Coon Rapids
Our multidisciplinary staff of clinical social workers, mental health practitioners, nurses, certified peer specialists, therapists, and psychiatrists provide IRTs care in a home-like atmosphere within four residential locations in the St. Paul and Minneapolis area.
Integrated care for co-occurring diagnoses
Services are designed to help enhance psychiatric stability, personal and emotional adjustment, self-sufficiency, and independent living skills for individuals who often have co-occurring mental health and substance use diagnoses. We are dedicated to helping people set goals toward independence and lifelong wellness and we customize treatment using a person-centered approach. Once clients meet IRTS discharge criteria, they can receive referrals to other People Incorporated programs including supportive residential living and other outpatient treatment to meet them where they are at in their recovery journey.
We can help you determine if IRTS care is appropriate for you. Call 651-774-0011 for details.
Select the button below to find a listing of our immediate openings for our residential mental health services.