317 York Avenue
St. Paul, MN 55130
1170 15th Avenue SE
Minneapolis, MN 55411
Send a message
We have scaled back our services due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Our Homeless Outreach programs remain open by appointment only by calling 651-774-0011.
Our homeless outreach programs:
- Assertive Community Treatment (ACT)
- Housing First (Anoka/Dakota/Hennepin/Ramsey County)
- Outside-In (Ramsey County)
- Project Recovery
- Project SAIL (Support and Advocacy for Independent Living)
- Street Outreach (Hennepin & Ramsey County)
Our homeless outreach care continuum includes:
- Street outreach – develops relationships to connect homeless adults with services and provide basic survival gear
- Drop-in services – shower and laundry
- Substance use services
- Case management services – food support, housing referrals, and independent living skills support (medication assistance, transportation assistance, education, skills development, crisis assistance, resource development, medical and psychiatric coordination)
Need help determining which program can help you?
With more than programs that cover a broad base of inpatient and outpatient mental health services, it’s difficult to know where to begin. Our Central Access team can help. Central Access is available at 651-774-0011, Monday through Friday from 7:00 a.m. – 5:30 p.m.
Integrated care and customized mental health supports for individuals experiencing homelessness
An estimated 15,000 – 20,000 unsheltered people experience homelessness at any given night in Minnesota and 40,000 – 50,000 people experience it annually, according to Wilder Research’s 2018 Minnesota Homeless Study. Since 2015, Wilder reports a 62 percent increase in the number of people outside the shelter system sleeping in a car, on transit or in encampments.
“The emergency shelters are often full in the Twin Cities. Some of the more chronically homeless people also experience mental health and substance use challenges, which are difficult to address in a shelter setting,” says David Katzenmeyer, Program Supervisor of our Street Outreach and our Project Recovery programs.
Our homeless outreach services integrate mental health, medical, substance use, and support services to meet the diverse needs of adults experiencing homelessness. Our staff have comprehensive backgrounds from mental health and substance use practitioners, RNs, LPNs, certified peer specialists, vocational specialists, case managers, clinical social workers, to psychiatric providers. We provide a continuum of care, helping adults experiencing homelessness transition from the street to permanent housing while establishing an important link to ongoing customized mental health support services to maintain recovery.