Our Intensive Residential Treatment Services program integrates mental health, medical, and substance use care in an inpatient, 24-hour, supervised setting for up to 90 days. A step below hospitalization in our community-based system of care, these services help adults who need a high level of treatment and assistance.
Call Central Access at 651-774-0011, Monday through Friday from 7:00 a.m. – 5:30 p.m. for openings and eligibility information.
Open Bed Availability
Select the button below to find a listing of our immediate openings for our residential mental health services.
- Individuals 18 years of age or older with a primary diagnosis of a mental illness
- Significant impairment in three areas of functioning based on a completed functional assessment
- Needs 24-hour supervised, monitored care to improve functioning
- One or more of the following: history of two or more inpatient hospitalizations in one year, significant independent living instability, homelessness, and frequent use of outpatient mental health services with poor outcomes
- Anchor House – for individuals identifying as female – St. Paul
- Eighth Street Residence – for individuals identifying as male – St. Paul
- Maghakian Place – for individuals across the gender spectrum – St. Paul
- Northside Residence – for individuals identifying as male; emphasizes treatment of opioid use disorder – Minneapolis
- Riverwind Residence – for individuals across the gender spectrum – Coon Rapids
- Steiner Kelting Mental Wellness – for individuals across the gender spectrum – Chaska (crisis & IRTS services)
Services are designed to help enhance psychiatric stability, personal and emotional adjustment, self-sufficiency, and independent living skills for individuals who often have co-occurring mental health and substance use diagnoses. We are dedicated to helping people set goals toward independence and lifelong wellness and we customize treatment using a person-centered approach. Once clients meet IRTS discharge criteria, they can receive referrals to other People Incorporated programs including supportive residential living and other outpatient treatment to meet them where they are at in their recovery journey.
- Crisis assistance
- Individual mental health/substance use assessment, treatment planning
- Individual/group therapy and family education
- Medication management
- Nursing services
- Transition and discharge planning
- Living skills/foundational wellness development including: Healthy exercise (yoga, meditation, mindfulness), household management, cooking and nutrition, budgeting and shopping, using transportation, and employment-related skills
Our IRTS team includes:
- Clinical social workers
- Mental health practitioners
- Certified peer specialists
|Video Tour of Steiner Kelting Mental Wellness Facility|
Steiner Kelting Mental Wellness Facility Video Tour
Take a video tour of our new Steiner Kelting Mental Wellness facility located in Chaska, Minn. This 12-bed crisis and Intensive Residential Treatment Services (IRTS) program is a tranquil place for healing for people living with mental illness, providing 24/7 clinical and therapeutic care to meet individual treatment needs. It's a place to transition from emergency rooms and hospitals to stabilized comfort. Services are designed to enhance psychiatric stability, personal and emotional adjustment, self-sufficiency and independent living.