Our Intensive Residential Treatment Services (IRTS) program integrates mental health, medical, and substance use care in an inpatient, 24-hour, supervised setting. A step below hospitalization in our community-based system of care, these services help adults who need a high level of treatment and assistance.
Two locations, Nancy Page Residence and Steiner Kelting Mental Wellness, offer a hybrid model of crisis and IRTS treatment that meets the community’s needs by offering short-term crisis stabilization services in the same setting. When appropriate, the individual will be able to move directly into IRTS, removing barriers and waiting for the next steps to be taken on a path toward recovery. Our treatment philosophy is to meet clients with the appropriate level of care in the least disruptive and restrictive way, reducing the trauma associated with recidivism.
Call Central Access at 651-774-0011, Monday through Friday from 7:00 a.m. – 5:30 p.m. for openings and eligibility information.
Open Bed Availability
Select the button below to find a listing of our immediate openings for our residential mental health services.
- Individuals 18 years of age or older with a diagnosis of a mental illness who meet eligibility as designated by the Minnesota Department of Human Services (DHS).
- Anchor House – for individuals identifying as female – St. Paul
- Eighth Street Residence – for individuals identifying as male – St. Paul
- Maghakian Place – for individuals across the gender spectrum – St. Paul
- Northside Residence – for individuals identifying as male; emphasizes treatment of opioid use disorder – Minneapolis
- Nancy Page Residence – for individuals across the gender spectrum – Minneapolis (Crisis & IRTS services)
- Riverwind Residence – for individuals across the gender spectrum – Coon Rapids
- Steiner Kelting Mental Wellness – for individuals across the gender spectrum – Chaska (Crisis & IRTS services)
Services are designed to help enhance psychiatric stability, personal and emotional adjustment, self-sufficiency, and independent living skills for individuals who often have co-occurring mental health and substance use diagnoses. We are dedicated to helping people set goals toward independence and lifelong wellness and we customize treatment using a person-centered approach. Once clients meet IRTS discharge criteria, they can receive referrals to other People Incorporated programs including supportive residential living and other outpatient treatment to meet them where they are at in their recovery journey.
- 24-hour on-site staff and assistance in a residential setting
- Assessment of immediate needs and factors that lead to the crisis
- Individualized treatment to address immediate needs and restore the individual to pre-crisis level of functioning
- Individual and group therapy
- Living skills/foundational wellness development including exercise (yoga, meditation, mindfulness) and nutrition
- Medication management
Our team includes:
- Clinical social workers
- Mental health practitioners
- Certified peer specialists
|Video Tour of Steiner Kelting Mental Wellness Facility|
|[aiovg_video type="youtube" youtube="https://youtu.be/duyXqB-hVao" poster="https://www.peopleincorporated.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/09/Steiner-Kelting-Mental-Wellness-facility.jpg"] |
Steiner Kelting Mental Wellness Facility Video Tour
Take a video tour of our new Steiner Kelting Mental Wellness facility located in Chaska, Minn. This 12-bed crisis and Intensive Residential Treatment Services (IRTS) program is a tranquil place for healing for people living with mental illness, providing 24/7 clinical and therapeutic care to meet individual treatment needs. It's a place to transition from emergency rooms and hospitals to stabilized comfort. Services are designed to enhance psychiatric stability, personal and emotional adjustment, self-sufficiency and independent living.