Leave a legacy
Planning your gift to People Incorporated allows you to make a meaningful contribution to our work while strategically meeting your financial goals.
Immediate and deferred tax advantages as well as an increased income and effective rate of return are just a few of the ways you may benefit from a planned gift. Your gift is instrumental in sustaining and expanding our work.
You may think that you are not a candidate to make a planned gift, but please consider:
- You don’t have to be wealthy to make a meaningful gift.
- You can leave money to your heirs and to organizations that reflect your values.
- Careful planning now saves your loved ones from complex probate procedures and costly taxes.
- Making an estate plan doesn’t have to be complicated or expensive, and everybody should have a will.
And did you know that:
- You don’t have to use cash to make your gift — donate appreciated securities instead. The deduction is the same as for a cash gift, and you pay no capital gains tax on the transfer.
- Give an asset that may help us more than it’s helping you — such as a life insurance policy whose coverage your family no longer needs, or real estate like a second home.
- You can make a gift that costs you nothing during your lifetime — name People Incorporated as a beneficiary of your will or of your retirement plan.
- You can earn income – through a charitable gift annuity, you can receive a tax deduction now and also regular income payments for the rest of your life.
The Heritage Circle is a group of People Incorporated supporters who have made a planned gift to our organization. The Heritage Circle is a way for us to recognize this profound contribution to our work. We thank our Heritage Circle members for their dedication to our mission to promote and secure independence for people with mental illnesses. By adding your name to our Heritage Circle list, it lets our clients know that they have your support, and it inspires other donors to make a similar gift.
You are eligible for membership in the Heritage Circle if you have named People Incorporated as a beneficiary of your:
- Will or trust
- IRA or other retirement plan
- Life insurance policy
- Life income or other planned gift (charitable gift annuity, pooled income fund, charitable remainder trust, charitable lead trust, or remainder interest in a personal residence)
Our Heritage Circle members receive special benefits, including:
- In Touch, our newsletter
- People Incorporated’s annual report
- Invitations to special events
For questions about the Heritage Circle, or if you have made a planned gift to People Incorporated and need to let us know, please contact us at 651-774-0011.
Planned gift options
Bequests through your will
A charitable bequest is a flexible way to support People Incorporated. You may prefer that a bequest be for a specific amount or represent a percentage of your estate, or you may create a bequest that helps People Incorporated after you have provided for your family and friends. Here is some sample bequest language.
Charitable gift annuity
With a gift today to People Incorporated, you can receive a tax deduction now and also receive regular income payments for the rest of your life.
Retirement plan gifts
Naming People Incorporated as a beneficiary on a portion of retirement plan assets is easy, and can save your heirs estate and income taxes later.
Gifts of life insurance
Name People Incorporated as a beneficiary, give a gift of an existing policy, or purchase a new policy, and the annual premium payments can be deductible.
There are a wide variety of tax-wise trust arrangements that can incorporate generous gifts to charity and offer tax savings.
If you have questions, or would like more information about any of these giving options, please contact us at 651-774-0011. Our address is People Incorporated, 2060 Centre Pointe Blvd, Suite 3, St. Paul, MN 55120 (EIN 41-0962296).
** The material presented on this web site is not offered as legal or tax advice. Please consult your tax advisor. **