Build Your Team, Provide Essential Help
In about an hour, your team of 20 or so people can pack 1,000 Kindness Kits, which are gallon bags filled with hygiene items essential for the health and dignity of people living without shelter, plus information on where to get help when they’re ready.
How it works:
Your organization provides the funds and the folks for as many kits as you’d like to pack. People Incorporated will bring supplies and take away the packed kits (400 kits minimum for delivery). Your volunteers are encouraged to keep as many kits as they’d like to pass along.
Benefits to your group and the community:
- Your group will have a fun, productive and educational experience.
- Homeless individuals will receive immediate care and information about our services so they know where to find help.
- Your volunteers will learn about homeless issues and be empowered to help, directly reaching more people than our limited staff can contact.
“Without People Incorporated, I’d probably still be downtown begging for money. People Incorporated stands above the others because they gave me the opportunity to leave the bad stuff behind and be human again.” – Anonymous
There are approximately 11,000 homeless individuals in the Twin Cities and about 60% report a significant mental illness. The next time you see someone suffering outside with a cardboard sign asking for help, you’ll know what to do.
For more information and/or to discuss events, contact:
Barb Hall, Donor Relations Officer
2060 Centre Pointe Blvd, Ste 3
Mendota Heights, MN 55120
These materials are for anyone to use. Please give credit to People Incorporated if you copy and distribute:
- Kindness Kit Packing Event Info
- Homeless Outreach Case – Fritz
- Assembly Staging
- Kindness Kit Volunteer Handout
- People Incorporated Fact Sheet
Email Barbara.Hall@PeopleIncorporated.org for additional templates and information.