Our Deaf Supported Living program is licensed through the Minnesota Department of Health as an Assisted Living facility. The facility provides culturally competent, integrated mental and medical health services to the Deaf, Deaf-Blind, and Hard-of-Hearing communities.Our Deaf Supportive Living provides mental health and independent living support, and all services emphasize cultural accessibility, with the primary mode of communication being American Sign Language (ASL).
- 18 years of age or older who are deaf, hard of hearing, and deaf-blind
- Mental health diagnosis
- CADI (Community Access for Disability Inclusion) Waiver or TBI (Traumatic Brain Injury) Waiver eligible
- We help clients ensure that they receive financial assistance based on their eligibility. This may include Social Security Disability Income (SSDI), MSA, food stamps, and Medical Assistance.
Other supportive housing with services programs for the deaf, hard of hearing, and deaf-blind communities:
Call the Central Access Contact Center at 651-774-0011, Monday through Friday, from 7:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. for openings and eligibility information. If you are deaf, hard of hearing, or deaf-blind, connect with us using our teletypewriter (TTY) phone number: 612-623-1045.
Our Deaf Supportive Living provides mental health and independent living support, and all services emphasize cultural accessibility, with the primary mode of communication being ASL.
Staff have offices on-site and provide 24-hour a-day, 7-days-a-week care, with awake overnight staff available. Staff remain available for medical and any other emergencies.
- 24-hour emergency or crisis assistance
- Access to Registered Nurses for medical support
- Medical needs management
- Medication management
- Mental health symptom management
- Living skills/foundational wellness development including:
- Appointment scheduling, budgeting, shopping, cooking and nutrition, employment skills, household management, using transportation, socialization, and recreational skill development
- 14-bedroom house with individuals living in either a single room or an efficiency apartment
- Those living in single rooms have access to share bathrooms, living space, kitchen, dining, and outdoor space.
- Efficiency apartments have a self-contained kitchenette and bathroom in each unit.
Participants live in their own apartments and are responsible for their own food, clothing, and shelter expenses.
Tenants pay rent for their units. We work with each tenant and their financial worker to ensure that they receive financial assistance based on their eligibility. This may include SSDI, MSA, food stamps, and medical assistance.
Deaf Supportive Living
Deaf Supportive Living726 2nd Street NE
Minneapolis, MN 55413
Community Residential Services
Scott House - Hennepin County
7573 Scott Avenue N.
Minneapolis, MN 55443
TTY: 763-503-6794 (VP 651-964-1527)
Penn House - Hennepin County
1800 Penn Avenue N.
Minneapolis, MN 55411
TTY: 612-521-9869 (VP 612-284-9717)