People Incorporated has led the way in providing culturally competent integrated mental health, medical, and independent living services to the deaf, hard-of-hearing, and deaf-blind communities. All of our services emphasize cultural accessibility, with the primary mode of communication being American Sign Language (ASL).
In addition to individuals who are deaf or hard of hearing, DSL may serve other individuals with disabilities who may benefit from the services provided.
From inpatient, drop-in, or in-home health services, we have a wide system of care, helping individuals dually find support within the deaf community and wherever they are in their mental health journey.
Call Central Access Contact Center at 651-774-0011, Monday through Friday, 7:00 am – 5:00 pm, for openings and eligibility information.* If you are deaf or hard of hearing, there’s an option to connect with us using a teletypewriter (TTY) phone number: 651-288-3463 (Video Phone: 651-964-1424).
*For the Individualized Home Supports (IHS) program only, referrals are made through the Program Supervisor. Call 651-288-3460 #3459 to schedule an intake.
- Adults 18 years of age or older who are deaf, hard of hearing, and deaf-blind.
- Medical Assistance through the Community Access for Disability Inclusion (CADI) Waiver or Brain Injury (BI) Waiver.
- Individualized Home Supports (IHS): Provides in-home independent living and community living support
- Case Management – Anoka, Dakota, Hennepin, and Ramsey Counties: case managers coordinate services to meet treatment plan goals
- Drop-In Services: Educational groups, peer support, social activities
- Deaf Supportive Living: 24-hour supportive, 14-unit apartment living with services
- Community Residential Services – Penn and Scott Houses: 24-hour supervised, 4-bed, residential living with services
Mental Health Support
- Mental illness assessment, treatment plan, and medication management
Independent Living Skill Development
- Adaptive skills: problem-solving and crisis intervention
- Integration of care with other providers
- Individual skill development and other support services
Deaf and Hard of Hearing Services – Case Management
Anoka, Dakota, Hennepin, Ramsey, and Washington Counties
317 York Ave.
Saint Paul, MN 55130
TTY: 651-288-3463 (Video Phone: 651-964-1424)
Deaf Mental Health Services – Drop-In Center/IHS/Deaf Supportive Living
726 2nd St. NE
Minneapolis, MN 55413
Penn House – Community Residential Services
1800 Penn Ave. North
Minneapolis, MN 55411
TTY: 612-521-9869 (Video Phone: 612-284-9717)
Scott House – Community Residential Services
7573 Scott Ave. North
Minneapolis, MN 55443
TTY: 763-503-6794 (Video Phone: 651-964-1527)