In 1993, we opened the first mental health crisis residence in Minnesota. Our Residential Crisis Stabilization hybrid services (RCS) integrate mental health, medical, and substance use care in a 24-hour, supervised setting. These services help individuals who are experiencing a mental health crisis or emergency. Our crisis team includes clinical social workers, mental health practitioners, nurses, certified peer specialists, therapists, and psychiatrists.
Three locations, Diane Ahrens Residence in St. Paul, Nancy Page Residence in Minneapolis, and Steiner Kelting Mental Wellness in Chaska, offer a hybrid crisis and Intensive Residential Treatment Services (IRTS) model that meets the community’s needs by providing short-term crisis stabilization services in the same setting. A fourth location will be opening in the fall of 2023 in South Minneapolis (see more information below under Video Tours). When appropriate, the individual can move directly into IRTS, removing the barriers and waiting for the next steps to be taken on a path toward recovery. Our treatment philosophy is to meet clients where they are in a person-centered approach.
- 24-hour on-site staff and assistance in a residential setting
- Assessment of immediate needs to create stability
- Individualized treatment planning
- Individual and group rehabilitative skill-building
- Living skills encouraging health and wellness activities that may include pet therapy, exercise, and nutritional services
- Medication management and education
- Artability Groups – with access to People Incorporated’s Artability program
- Integrated care within People Incorporated and referrals to other behavioral health providers
For crisis availability, please call the Central Access Contact Center at 651-774-0011, Monday through Friday, from 7:00 am – 5:00 pm.
Suicide prevention helplines
- Minnesota Crisis Text Line: Text “MN” to 741741
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 800-273-TALK (8255)
16-bed residence for all genders located in an eastern St. Paul neighborhood at 1784 Lacrosse Avenue, St. Paul, MN 55119
16-bed residence for all genders in a converted Victorian mansion near Loring Park at 245 Clifton Avenue South, Minneapolis, MN 55403
12-bed residence for all genders with views of Lake Bavaria at 1920 Shady Oak Drive, Chaska, MN 55318
Opening soon – Chicago Avenue
People Incorporated is excited to announce a plan to open a hybrid crisis and Intensive Residential Treatment Services (IRTS) program in South Minneapolis at 3633 Chicago Avenue in Fall 2023. The program is open to all genders and offers 13 single-occupancy rooms, each with a private bathroom.