Call Central Access
With 65 programs that cover a broad base of inpatient and outpatient mental health services, it’s difficult to know where to begin. Our Central Access team can help.
Central Access is available at 651-774-0011, Monday through Friday, from 7:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m. and Saturdays from 9:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
Our Central Access navigation specialists assess your needs and assist in directing you to the appropriate services.* If you need services that People Incorporated does not provide, they will provide you with external resources and contact information.
*Families or individuals who are uninsured or underinsured (have insurance but do not have mental health coverage), and not eligible for Medicare or Medicaid, can apply for our Sliding Fee Scale Discount program. Eligibility to receive a discount is determined by household income and the number of household members.
If you or someone you know is experiencing a mental health crisis and you need immediate help, we have three 24-hour residences for adults: Nancy Page, Riverwind, and Diane Ahrens. These facilities are a step below in-patient hospital care, providing a three to ten-day stay for individuals who are at a moderate but not a high risk for self-harm.
Call us 24/7 to inquire about our immediate crisis residence openings at 612-230-0736. Click here for additional mental health crisis support resources.
Services and Programs
We provide a full-service continuum of therapeutic inpatient and outpatient mental health programs for people with the greatest need, serving as a vital link in the health care system.
- INTERVENTION AND ENGAGEMENT: Crisis, domestic abuse, anger management, parent support
- OUTREACH AND ACCESS: Homeless outreach, community support programming, community training and education, central access
- SUPPORTIVE SERVICES AND HOUSING: Epilepsy and mental health support, deaf mental health supports, children’s mental health, adult foster care, transitional support, case management
- TREATMENT AND RECOVERY: Residential treatment, K-12 day treatment, outpatient clinical services
- WELLNESS AND FOUNDATIONAL HEALTH: Foundational health and wellbeing, nutritional services
Scheduling Outpatient Clinic Appointments
We have five outpatient mental health clinics located in Minneapolis, St. Paul, and Coon Rapids. If you are an enrolled outpatient mental health clinic client, you also have the opportunity to schedule your appointments through our online form if desired. You can also call Central Access to schedule future appointments.
We also provide support and assistance to anyone who has a loved one living with a mental illness through our monthly S.A.F.E. (Support, Advocacy, Family, Education) group meetings. This program is there when you need it and there are no attendance requirements. For more information on meeting times and locations, email email@example.com.