Supporting mental health and wellness in our community through collaboration and integration of care
We will be a leading community partner in the provision of continuum-driven, integrated care based in best practice.
- Improves the quality of life for individuals and families experiencing barriers to mental health and wellness
- Collaborates with others to provide programs and services that demonstrate positive results
- Provides shared learning experiences to promote skills and support in the community
- Influences public attitude about mental health, affects changes in public policy and promotes public awareness
- Responds to the changing complexity of our community through a model of integrated care
People Incorporated values:
- A foundation of dignity and respect
- Individuals as the principal voice in their care
- A team orientated environment supported with continuous learning
People Incorporated is a 501(c)3 tax-exempt status non-profit organization that serves people with mental illness in the Minneapolis and Saint Paul metro area. Founded in 1969, we now operate more than 60 programs including children’s programs, crisis residences, programs to help the homeless, residential programs, treatment services, case management, and in-home health services. We serve over 12,000 clients annually. Everyone has mental health, but not everyone has access to the mental health care they may need; we’re making integrated mental health services accessible to all.
Helping people with mental illness requires great flexibility and creativity. That’s why we start with the person first—developing innovative, effective services that provide the care, resources, and connections that will help each person in the best way possible.
Why ‘People Incorporated’?
Historically, mental illness has been poorly understood. Seen as a character weakness, a bodily fluid imbalance, demonic possession and more, those afflicted were isolated, harshly treated and kept separate from mainstream society.
People Incorporated was founded on the belief that those living with mental illness could be ‘incorporated’ back into society. And society itself could be incorporated into efforts to support these individuals. The name ‘People Incorporated’ encompasses this belief, and 50 years of results proves its wisdom.
People Incorporated pioneered a number of firsts in Minnesota mental health care, including programs dealing with homelessness, crisis intervention and integrated treatment for co-occurring mental illness and substance use disorders. We continue to innovate in the pursuit of best practices and best outcomes. Having a mental illness can affect everything from social relationships to housing access to physical health, and successful treatment requires customized, person-centered approaches that are as unique and multi-faceted as the individuals they are built around. Through this work, we help individuals to take back control of determining the kind of life they want to build for themselves. We believe in our clients, and we’re proud of their achievement of truly life-changing goals.