September 8, 2021
We were excited to open our Steiner Kelting Mental Wellness facility in Chaska on Sept. 8, 2021. Steiner Kelting is a 12-bed Crisis and Intensive Residential Treatment Services (IRTS) program for individuals across the gender spectrum. With views of Lake Bavaria, the facility offers a tranquil place for healing for people with mental illness thanks to our partnership and collaboration with the compassionate leaders of Carver County.
The facility introduces a unique model of care, supporting both intensive residential treatment and crisis services through seamless transitions between these two levels of mental health treatment, which often work together. This model of care ensures that an individual in need of treatment services after a crisis stay can transfer from their crisis stabilization experience directly to treatment without waiting. The space is built with safety and accessibility in mind throughout the one-story structure. All rooms are single occupancy with state-of-the-art finishes designed to evoke a sense of calm and safety.
The program will provide critical mental health access to a more rural area of our community where services are often harder to find and generally less accessible.
“It has long been my hope to expand People Incorporated’s reach into our rural communities. The opening of the Steiner Kelting Mental Wellness program is a vital step in this direction,” says Jill Wiedemann-West, CEO of People Incorporated.
In crisis programming, individuals manage their immediate mental health needs, develop a crisis prevention plan, learn essential coping skills, and set goals that help them to move out of their crisis state.
The goals of our crisis stabilization services are to help individuals manage their immediate mental health needs, learn essential coping skills, develop a crisis prevention plan, and develop a discharge plan. The discharge plan includes referrals to other programs and resources to begin the vital path to recovery and improved quality of life.
Intensive Residential Treatment Services (IRTS) is designed for individuals who have experienced two or more previous hospitalizations, significant living instability, or frequent use of outpatient services with poor outcomes. Clients will spend up to 90 days working to achieve increased stabilization and self-sufficiency for both mental health and chemical health diagnoses in a residential-based setting.
The range of services provided at the Steiner Kelting Mental Wellness facility include but are not limited to:
- Crisis mental health treatment (up to 10 days) for individuals to voluntarily transition from emergency rooms and hospitals to stabilized comfort with 24/7 licensed clinical and therapeutic residential care
- Residential treatment (up to 90 days) for people experiencing intense needs for mental health, substance use, or co-occurring disorders
- Integrated wellness programming including yoga, tai chi, art, music, and occupational therapy-focused modalities
- A supportive discharge process that includes referrals and support to the next stages of mental health treatment including case management, housing solutions, or other outpatient programming tailored to the individual’s needs and goals for recovery
- Integrated care in partnership with Carver County case managers (when applicable)
- Independent living skills education
- Occupational therapy – assisting clients with skills needed to improve everyday living
- Group and individual therapy cover an array of needs including medication management, mental health symptoms, managing substance use, tobacco cessation, and physical health
Success in this program is determined by the achievement of each client’s personal goals, as well as progress toward improved health, housing security, and overall symptom stability.
To make a referral to this program, please contact our Central Access team at 651-774-0011 or visit our Bed Availability page for further information on programs and services.
|Video Tour of Steiner Kelting Mental Wellness Facility|
Steiner Kelting Mental Wellness Facility Video Tour
Take a video tour of our new Steiner Kelting Mental Wellness facility located in Chaska, Minn. This 12-bed crisis and Intensive Residential Treatment Services (IRTS) program is a tranquil place for healing for people living with mental illness, providing 24/7 clinical and therapeutic care to meet individual treatment needs. It's a place to transition from emergency rooms and hospitals to stabilized comfort. Services are designed to enhance psychiatric stability, personal and emotional adjustment, self-sufficiency and independent living.