Franciscan Sisters of Perpetual Adoration Help People Incorporated Look to the Future
March 3, 2021
Today, whole-person integrated care is how we work to support those living with mental illness. People Incorporated and others like us, have spent the last fifty years building supports into the community to help individuals live independently. We have filled the gaps that exist in all systems and created services that recognize that mental illness is a fluid disease, and requires dynamic solutions to manage day-to-day. Fifty-one years and counting, we are still learning and honoring the individual experiencing mental illness as the principal voice in the care they receive. These are key to our core values.
Looking to the future, our core values require us to ask essential questions with every client:
- What do you want to achieve, what are your goals? How can we support you with the creation and achievement of your plan?
- How can we be a part of the solution, so you feel consistently supported? What are we learning from you that will help us achieve improved solutions and care for others?
- Our ability to go to the person in need where they want to be seen
- Collaboration and partnerships with key community providers to identify and support need in areas such as:
- hospitals, homeless shelters, corrections, law enforcement and more
In 2020, the Franciscan Sisters of Perpetual Adoration joined us in this effort by providing a transformational gift that will allow People Incorporated to expand this important work. This gift will support the growth of our Service to Community programming, so essential to community health and wellness, while also supporting training efforts in the areas of cultural understanding and awareness, and the development of career pathways in the mental health field for individuals of diverse backgrounds desiring such.
“Our communities need innovative and sustainable solutions. The need for these solutions has never been greater, and our opportunities to collaborate and forge those solutions have never been more present. At People Incorporated, we are committed to the development of new solutions that not only serve the community but engage the community. Thoughtful gifts and grants allow us to create these new pathways, solve problems and create sustainability. Getting started is always the most difficult space, but easily the most exciting as well,” says Jill West, CEO of People Incorporated.