People Incorporated offers practicum / internship opportunities to those seeking hours needed for:
- Social Work (Bachelors and Masters level)
- Psychology (Masters and Pre-Doctoral level)
- Counseling (Masters level)
- Marriage and Family Therapy (Masters level)
- Integrated Behavioral Health (Masters level)
Click here for the Internship Brochure. For more details, see below.
Who May Apply
Training is structured to address the following areas of learning:
- Competence in a client-centered approached to assisting individuals on their own path of recovery
- Competence in psychotherapy and psychological interventions
- Ethics and professional behaviors
- Sensitivity to cultural and diversity needs
- Competence in differential diagnostic assessment
- Utilization of supervision and understanding the role of consultation
Other clinical training includes:
- Participation in a formal case conference
- Various consultation opportunities
- Diagnostic evaluations utilizing various measures
- Opportunities to participate in a variety of trainings offered through People Incorporated
Specific expectations of the internship, training content, and arrangement of time must be approved by People Incorporated, the intern, and the graduate school program.
The doctoral internship requires a full-time commitment to on-site training of 2,000 hours. The intern can arrange for up to two weeks of paid time off. The clinic is closed on holidays.
People Incorporated offers a stipend of $22,500 to doctoral level psychology interns in training at the clinic.
This internship is part of the National Matching Services; more information on the application process can be found on their website. The deadline to apply is November 15, 2017.
Any questions about the internship can be directed to Sue.Hoisington@PeopleIncorporated.org.