There are many local, state, and national organizations that provide excellent information about all aspects of mental illness. A few of the most respected organizations are listed here to guide you in your search.* If you or someone you know is experiencing a mental health crisis, please go to crisis help for phone numbers of local and national crisis hotlines. You can also call 911 for immediate help.
- Mental Health America
- National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI)
- National Institute of Mental Health
- National Institute on Drug Abuse
- OK2Talk.org (NAMI)
- SAVE – Suicide Awareness Voices of Education
- Substance Abuse and Mental Health Service Administration (SAMHSA)
- CSN – Consumer Survivor Network of Minnesota
- Department of Human Services, Mental Health Program Division
- Mental Health Association of Minnesota
- Minnesota Association for Children’s Mental Health
- Minnesota Ombudsman for Mental Health and Developmental Disabilities
- Minnesota Recovery Connection
- NAMI Minnesota
*Inclusion of these sites does not necessarily imply an endorsement of these organizations or web content by People Incorporated.